Indian School of Hospitality (ISH) invites individuals to take part in the upcoming culinary competition at École Ducasse India. Whether you’re a professional chef, a student, or a passionate home cook, this is an opportunity for you to showcase your skills and creativity. Participants will be assessed not only on the excellence of their prepared dishes but also on factors such as organizational abilities, knife skills, cooking techniques, creative presentation, and a commitment to food-safety practices.
Winners will have the chance to receive attractive prizes and will be awarded a certificate from École Ducasse ISH Gurugram.
Key highlights of culinary competition 2024
• 10th Feb Competition for Students: Open to all culinary and pastry arts students on 10th February 2024 at the ISH Campus. The participants can bring their pre-prepped mise en place to the venue. The final cooking, finishing, plating & presentation must be done at the venue.
• 11th Feb Competitions for Home Cooks & Bakers: Open to passionate home cooks and home bakers on 11th February 2024 at the ISH Campus. The participant must bring in all the ingredients, Rolling, Stuffing, trussing etc. can be done prior. All sauces and gravies to be made at the venue live.
• 12th Feb Competition for professional chefs: Open to pro chefs from hotels, restaurants, cafes and other F&B operations on 12th February 2024 at the ISH Campus. The participant will be provided a mystery box, of which they will prepare 3 dishes of their choice (soup, salad, starter, main course, or dessert) within a duration of 90 minutes.
Timings: 9:30 AM onwards
Rules & Regulations
• An individual competitor can participate in as many classes as he/she wishes but he/she is restricted to one entry in any one class.
• No change of class will be allowed after the closing date of entries. In case of cancellation of participation due to unforeseen circumstances, the organizers should be notified immediately.
• Competitors, please note that entries will be disqualified if the complete display is not kept within the space limit specified in the category of class.
• Competitors must ensure that no name/logo of his/her organization is visible to judges during competition.
• Competitors must ensure that no uniform or chef cap of his organization is visible to judges during judging.
• The organizers will not be held responsible whatsoever for any damage to exhibits, loss of equipment or utensils by the competitors.
• The organizers reserve the right to rescind, modify or add on to any of the above rules and conditions and their interpretation will be final. They also reserve the right to limit the number of entries per class or cancel any class, should there be a need to do so.
• The organizers, while taking all reasonable precautions, shall not under any circumstances be held liable or responsible for the loss or damage of any exhibits, goods, or personal effects.
Registration fee is Rs. 250/- per participant irrespective of the number of events that you wish to participate in.
Book your participation by registering via this link https://www.ish.edu.in/info/distinguished-2024/