École Ducasse, the undisputed reference in the teaching of culinary arts and pastry, offers quality training courses given by renowned professionals: Meilleurs Ouvriers de France (MOF), World Champions, Artisans… Today, École Ducasse consists of three schools in France: Paris Studio in the heart of the 16th arrondissement of Paris, Paris Campus at the gates of the capital in Meudon and the École Nationale Supérieure de Pâtisserie (ENSP) in Yssingeaux in the Haute-Loire. Each year, the schools in the network welcome a wide range of profiles, from young students to seasoned professionals, including those undertaking retraining or simply fans of gastronomy, all united around a single passion: taste.
The school is remaining true to its reputation this year by proposing many new innovations in line with gastronomic trends in 2023.
At the École Ducasse Paris Campus, the professional training courses offer is being expanded with new themes around the role of the “citizen chef”, working for the planet and the health of his/her fellow citizens:
– “Cooking and Fermentation” led by Marie-Claire Frédéric, French fermentation specialist who opened her restaurant, dedicated to fermented vegetables, in 2018 in Paris. This module will take trainees through the ancestral preservation process to its place in contemporary cuisine, via the different techniques and principles of fermentation.
– “Market Garden Chef: a permanent alchemy between culinary techniques and Nature” developed by Jérôme Jaegle, Market Garden Chef at l’Alchémille*, who will introduce trainees to a committed, authentic and sophisticated cuisine style with the advantages of having one’s own vegetable garden, while sharing his experience as a Market Garden Chef in enhancing produce from his garden.
– “Asian cuisine: from Delhi to Tokyo”, a voyage through Asian cuisine in all its authenticity, diversity and subtleties. An opportunity to familiarize oneself with new flavors while acquiring the innovative techniques of this gourmet culture.
The École Nationale Supérieure de Pâtisserie (ENSP) is enriching its offer with the creation of an “Expert Diploma in Artistic Pieces” taught in English for professionals. This unique training course, which lasts eight weeks and starts on 3 July, aims to develop the talents of pastry chefs in the artistic creation of pieces as well as trompe l’oeil in chocolate and sugar.
This year will also come with an opportunity to learn about “Wedding Cakes and Wedding Croqs” (croquembouche, an elaborate French dessert consisting of choux pastry puffs piled into a cone and bound with threads of caramel) at the ENSP with the talented Jean-Philippe Walser, Vice-Champion of France Croquembouches and International Croquembouches First Prizewinner. Students will have an opportunity to try their hand at making wedding cakes, various nougatines and petits choux, while learning about chocolate and sugar decorations, as well as the preparation of French-style desserts.
Finally, Stéphane Augé, Meilleur Ouvrier de France Glacier, will offer his vision of ice cream through a training course entitled “Ma Glacetronomie®, detailed understanding and performing of ice-cream technology”. The objective is for students to master all the essential basics for the creation of ice creams and sorbets, so that they can easily be made in future.
Finally, the Paris Studio, which is open to cooking and pastry enthusiasts, is also offering several new features:
- Clients will be able to sharpen their senses during a “Wine aromas” course designed to teach them how to structure their olfactory memory and classify wine aromas.
- An original workshop entitled “Just like in a restaurant: learn how to arrange your plate”, will enable participants to master the tricks of the great chefs in creating the most magnificent plates for dinners at home.
- Finally, a new workshop entitled “The benefits of Mediterranean cuisine” will take apprentice cooks to the Mediterranean and allow them to identify all the benefits of this cuisine, rich in fiber, Omega 3 and antioxidants, and a source of veritable gourmet pleasure.
A foretaste of a rich and varied menu in 2023 with something to suit all tastes and desires.